Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mesa Spirit

     So far, we are loving Arizona.  The weather has been perfect - 70s during the day, 40s at night, with clear skies and incredible sunsets.  We are staying at Mesa Spirit RV Resort, a 55+ community, its lovely.  There is SO much to do its hard to choose!  Here is just a sample:

5 or 6 different kinds of card games
5 or 6 different kinds of exercise classes
3 or 4 kinds of dance classes
A lapidary workshop
A wood working workshop
A silver smithing workshop
Stained glass classes
Fused glass classes
Ceramics
Sewing Room
Music Room
Golf - outings, mini, virtual, putting greens
Tennis and pickle ball - like giant ping pong played on 1/2 the tennis court
Horseshoes, bocce ball, shuffleboard, corn hole
Weekly dinners and dances
Weekly entertainment
Themed parties (Valentines, Mardi Gras, etc)
Field trips
Swimming pools and hot tubs

and that's just off the top of my head.  This snowbird-ing is the LIFE!

Noel has been going to the lapidary workshop, cutting stones for me to set!  We make a great team.  I went to line dancing the other day and the old ladies danced circles around me as I tripped over my own two feet.  I also am taking the stained glass class on Fridays, and played Bingo the other night.

We have ventured out into Mesa a bit having been to the flea market, an art show, a movie, the grocery and to do a bit of hiking.  We saw August: Osage County with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep.  Great acting but a depressing story - definitely a "could have waited for video" kind of movie.

We've been to a lot of art shows during our RV adventure, but this was our first in the west and it was interesting how the art and subjects changed.  Instead of herons and beach scenes, this one featured more cactus and native americans, pottery and western style jewelry.










 One afternoon we drove north to "red mountain" in the Tonto National Forest.   Every turn in the road and around every bend in the trail the view changed as the sun began to set.  I took a zillion pictures, which I've whittled down to a reasonable amount to share with you.




















  I'm thinking of joining an online gallery so if you want prints of any of my pictures you could order them and it might be the source of a few incoming dollars.  Also, I've been making jewelry from the stones I purchased in Quartzite, which I will be posting pics and prices of my Anna Lemons Jewelry facebook page.  Payment can be made through PayPal or with credit card by calling me.  Mama needs a new computer.  This one is on its deathbed....RIP






1 comment:

beth cole barrineau said...

Anna, the pictures are awesome! Also the glass paperweight, with the cactus inside, was sooo pretty! The park sounds amazing with that many things to do!! LIVE it up! Have fun!
Can't wait to see the jewels you make!