Sunday, October 20, 2013

Los Olas Art Fair

Hi again!  This week has been pretty laid back.  Neither of us is feeling very well, so there has been a lot of laying around, tv and reading.  We did help Jason move (well we provided the truck) some things in and out of a storage unit, and had a good time having breakfast with he and Katie, and their friends Bo, Mary and Isabelle.
 
Jason's apartment building
 

By Saturday we were getting a little stir crazy, so we went to the Los Olas Art Fair.  Los Olas is a street here in Ft. Lauderdale, near the river walk we visited a few weeks ago.  It was another hot and sunny day and we really enjoyed seeing all the various artists and shops.  It was a juried show and the artwork did not disappoint.

Our first stop was a little shop called Flowers and Found Objects.  I wish I could have purchased one of everything!  I did buy some cute sea shell Christmas ornaments, but if I could have I would have purchased one of the gorgeous wreaths crafted from vintage jewelry.  It's on my list of things to make when I get home! (along with the other 3,000 things that are on my "make it yourself" craft list!)

 


 
Are these not AMAZING???


I then fell in love with a multi-colored bracelet in the shop of Ann Marie of Details in Time.  I've seen other jewelry made from watch parts and "steampunk" jewelry, but none this elegant.  Noel agreed it was perfect for me, so into my shopping basket it went!





While I didn't purchase anything at these other booths, I certainly marveled at their talent and creations, especially the cylindrical jewelry (www.cylindricals.com), and I guy that calls himself Squirrelywood



This booth didn't have a website, but was such a fun explosion of color I had to take a pic!

The last booth was jewelry that were absolute works of art!  14kt gold, diamonds and gemstones made into miniature sculptures to wear.  No wonder they had armed security there!  Stunning! - www.trisko2.com is his website - I didn't ask to take pictures, I was too busy drooling!

We had lunch at this tavern, where I had a wonderful quinoa and shrimp salad, then headed back to the truck.

  I'm glad I took the walker, (sometimes I'm too stubborn), because even with it, my back was killing me by the time we got home.  Plus it helped carry my new treasures!

 
Today its all football and rain.
 


No comments: